The Key to Failure
One of my favorite comedians, Bill Cosby, once said "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Focusing on a specific niche can help you identify, attract and retain ideal clients.
As women, we operate in dynamic environments – often juggling personal and professional issues simultaneously. With our focus on women business owners, we find that many women are still making business and financial decisions based on emotions. While we target women-owned small businesses, our ideal client wants to steer her company with a strategic and intentional focus.
An ideal client has the qualities and values you want in a client. They energize you and make your day. These are the clients you want to actively pursue.
Once you create your Ideal Client Profile, it becomes an invaluable tool in assessing future prospects and becomes a cornerstone of your Business Development Plan.
- What is my target market?
- Who is my target client?
- What attributes make an ideal client?
- What is the trigger event that occurs to indicate a need for my products or services?
- What is the value and end result my products or services create for my ideal client?
- What is my market niche?
There are several ways to leverage your Ideal Client Profile
- Audit your marketing materials: Are you sending the right message to the right potential clients
- Consider your marketing channels: Are you focused in the right place to find ideal clients?
- Review your contracts, policies and terms: Are they responsive to Ideal Clients while giving you the ability to deal with difficult clients?
Over time, your Ideal Client Profile will change as you raise your standards, alter your business model or add new products or services. Track and analyze changes to update your marketing materials, contracts and policies.
The Block Group advocates for women-owned businesses, helping them position their companies for strategic growth.
Charting the course for impactful, sustainable, profitable businesses, the beacon is control: of your strategic direction, your money, your time, your staffing, and your ability to bring in business.
Applying this holistic approach to business, The Block Group guides organizations through the business cycle, revitalizing management and promoting growth. We bring together the people, resources and ideas that build results.
All the best!
©The Block Group Inc. All rights reserved.
Building Solid Companies That Move Forward